Use These Criteria To Choose E-Commerce Web Designers In London
Silicon Roundabout is the IT Hub in London, which is equivalent to Silicon Valley in San Jose, California. Located in East and Central London, this region houses a large number of web business companies. Of course, you can find web designers in other areas of London as well, but Silicon Roundabout is where you would find the largest cluster of IT companies in the city. If you are looking for e-commerce web developers in London, you have come to the right place.
At the very outset, you need to understand that e-commerce sector is much different from regular web design. E-commerce encompasses a whole range of sophisticated technologies related to handling monetary transactions online. Regular web designers would normally not suffice for building e-commerce sites. You need to specifically look for e-commerce web designers. Here is a list of criteria that you can use to choose e-commerce web designers in London.
1. Check to see if the company is located in or around the Silicon Roundabout. Although a number of good web-related companies exist outside this region as well, you can rest assured about quality if you can find a service within the IT Hub.
2. Ensure that the company you choose is not just a regular web design company, but one that specializes in creating e-commerce web sites.
3. Enquire if their payment gateway can handle the British Pound, the Euro and any other currency that you might be interested in. Many payment gateways predominantly handle only the US dollar. Therefore, ensure that the web developer can offer an e-commerce solution that can handle the currencies of your choice.
4. A website that deals with money transactions has to be extremely secure. Credit card data and other vital information flow to and fro during a financial transaction online. The website needs to incorporate Secure Sockets Layer or SSL in order to protect all online transactions. Data that travels between the client and the server over an SSL-equipped site is encrypted and therefore very secure. Check to see if the web designer can build your site incorporating SSL technology.
5. Ask the designer to provide a list of past customers, and see if you can spot reputed companies in London that have used their services. If their clientele includes a sizeable number of high profile companies, then you can be assured of quality service.
When you are looking for e-commerce web designers in London, use these criteria to choose the most appropriate service to build your site. Spending some time to choose the right designer would pay rich dividends in the long run.